Ardour 3.0 Notes

First off, I paid for the software.  Why?  Because I like it and I've been using it for years.  I thought now would be a good time to pay for a release.

I'm excited about using the midi features with my external keyboards. But the midi port setup has changed.

jack midi ports (virtual) can't talk to alsa midi ports (hardware cards) without a little help.  So after starting up qjackctrl, I must launch this daemon.


 a2jmidid -e

After running, hardware ports show up under an a2j node in the MIDI tab.

I want to connect my BCF2000 to Ardour and this process too has changed.

1. Map ardour MIDI control out to BCF2000 midi 1
2. Map a2j BCF2000 capture midi 1 to ardour MIDI control in

Using preset 2 on the BCF2000, I can then "Operate Controller Now" on a virtual fader and take control with a hardware slider.

But...PRESET 2, which with Ardour 2 was configured to control Ardour's transport controls, don't seem to have an affect.

After reading Paul's comment (https://community.ardour.org/node/4942), I'm about to try to map the MMC.

Yes!  That worked.  I simply had to map the MMC in and out ports to the same BCF2000 ports I used in steps 1 and 2 above.

Comments

Popular Posts