cx_Oracle on Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit

I had a heck of a time getting cx_Oracle for 64 bit. Using the 32 bit version didn't work either, possibly due to the ultimate problem that I eventually fixed locally.

Compounding the problem: Sourceforge was buggy as hell today and I couldn't download anything due to excessive redirects. What's up with Sourceforge?

Finally found the package here:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/6/idpl/12200190

After installing, still no dice. Importing cx_Oracle failed with a message saying unable to locate the package. A search of my directories showed that the RPM dropped my site-package in the wrong location, at least wrong for Ubuntu 9.04. This fixed it:

sudo cp /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cx_Oracle-5.0.1-py2.6.egg-info /var/lib/python-support/python2.6
sudo cp /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cx_Oracle.so /var/lib/python-support/python2.6

/var/lib instead of /usr/lib... wtf

Comments

Popular Posts